Image Map

Thursday 12 January 2017

January 2016 Wishlist!

My wishlist this month is pretty simple. I want to buy all the patterns I'll need to use my stash, and any that I know are out of print that were on my Sew 9 2017 Instagram post that I can get my hands on (I've included the ones I've found this month!)




Patterns
Simplicity 2444 - I want to make this to wear for a friend's wedding so I'll need to give it a test run first!
Kwik Sew K4015 - An anorak! Yes please! I want to adapt this to be slightly longer and wider inspired by Audrey Hepburn's coat in Funny Face.
Butterick B6143 - This one's out of print so I'm snapping it up before it sells out! I really want a coat with a gathered skirt, as flared skirts with panels aren't as flattering for my body shape, but I think I'll do a minor pattern hack so I can wear this buttoned to the top with a Peter Pan collar. 
Simplicity S1609 - I think this one's also out of print? It really reminds me of Suzy Bishop's dresses in Moonrise Kingdom.

Books
Tilly and the Buttons - Love From First Stitch
Although I'm a long term sewer (I essentially have a degree in sewing now...) I've been wanting this for a good while, especially given that I want to make more basics and learn to sew jersey properly! I also got this free with my Molly Makes subscription so I look forward to whenever it decides to be delivered!
110 Creations - A Sewists Notebook
This is an indie published sewing ideas journal - great for planning all your sewing ideas! I intend to buy one ASAP to chronicle all my 2017 thoughts!

Tools
I really need navy bias binding for the arm holes of my navy and white polka dot shirt dress, and that's pretty much it for trims/etc. for this months makes.
I'd love some pinking shears. I don't have an overlocker, and sometimes zig zags just don't cut it! (wahey!)



What's on your sewing shopping list this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment